Here we can see “KMODE_Exception_Not_Handled (mv91xx.sys)”
1. Select Control Panel, System and Security, and Power Options from the menu bar.
2. Select ‘Choose what power buttons do’ from the drop-down menu.
3. Select ‘Change settings that are currently unavailable from the drop-down menu.
4. Uncheck the box next to ‘Turn on fast startup’ and click Save.
Fast startup is a hybrid shutdown and hibernation mode with its own set of issues. One of them is driver loading issues.
If that doesn’t work, see if you can update the driver mentioned in the error message. The error will be something along the lines of ‘Error: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (YOUR-DRIVER.sys),’ which appears to be related to SATA.
Find out what driver the filename in your error text refers to by performing a search on it.
1. Select Control Panel, Hardware and Sound, Device Manager from the left-hand menu.
2. Right-click on the problematic hardware and choose ‘Update Driver Software’ from the drop-down menu.
3. If directed, restart your computer.
That should hopefully resolve the issue!
On a reputable third-party website, you can find the most recent drivers.
- Using this link, go to station-drivers.com and download the most recent drivers.
- If your download does not begin immediately, click the download button once more.
- After you’ve downloaded the file, double-click it and follow the on-screen instructions to finish the extraction.
- To get to “Device manager,” open the start menu and type “Device manager” into the search box.
- Expand the storage controller section, and the marvel controller should now appear in the list.
- Select “Update driver software” from the context menu when you right-click on it.
- Now, when you’re asked where you want to update from, point to the driver file in the folder you just extracted.
- Don’t forget to restart your computer once the process is finished.
I hope you found this information helpful. Please fill out the form below if you have any questions or comments.
1. What is the meaning of the Kmode Exception not handled?
When software or applications overwrite each other’s memory, the KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED error occurs. It causes the software to crash, as well as a blue screen of death. In Windows 10, BSOD is a standard error, and it gets worse when you get the KMODE Exception not handled error.
2. How do I fix the BSOD error Kmode exception not handled?
Update your network drivers. Rename the problematic file. Uninstall ON/OFF Gigabyte. Uninstall your antivirus software. Manually set your CPU voltage. Update your BIOS.
3. What does the term DPC watchdog violation refer to?
If you keep getting the Windows 10 error DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION, your computer may have an outdated or damaged device driver, software conflicts, outdated SSD firmware, or corrupted system files. To troubleshoot the DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION error, try the corresponding fixes.
4. How do I fix the blue screen of death on Windows 10 when the Kmode Exception is not handled?
If an outdated device driver is causing the kmode Exception not handled the error, you can update the driver manually in Device Manager or automatically with a driver updater. 3. Wait for the results of an automatic search for updated driver software.
5. What’s the best way to keep all of my drivers up to date?
- On the Windows taskbar, click the Start button.
- Select the Settings icon (a small gear) from the drop-down menu.
- ‘Updates & Security’ is selected, then ‘Check for updates’ is clicked.