Here we can see, “How to Hide Your Contacts on an Android Phone”
Method 1: Add the Contacts to a Group
- To begin, launch the Contacts application on your Android device.
- All Android smartphones’ contacts applications allow you to add “Groups.” The menu, on the other hand, may vary. Finally, on your device, press the Groups button.
- You’ll be asked to form a group. Try to give it a name that is obscure and mysterious.
- Add the contacts you want to add, then click “Save.”
- Return to the application’s main screen, select the menu, then Settings, and finally “Contacts to Display.”
- Now, at the bottom of the menu, select “Custom list” (or “Customized list” on some devices). To change the list, click the wheel icon in front of the text.
You may now select which contacts should be displayed. Check all of the groups of contacts except the one you just made, and you’re done!
Method 2: Move to SIM and Hide the SIM
Second, we will save the contacts in the SIM memory and then hide the SIM contacts. You can copy existing contacts on your phone to the SIM in older versions of Android (4.4.4 and below), but in later versions, you must select the memory you want to use while adding the contacts and cannot change it later (on most devices).
You can erase the contacts you want to add and then re-add them when you select the SIM memory for newer versions. After that, go to the actions specified after Step 5 below.
For older versions:
- open the contacts app and select the menu option.
- Click the “More” button.
- Select “Copy contacts” from the list.
- You will be given two options: “Phone to SIM” or “SIM to phone.” First, select the phone to SIM option.
- You will now be prompted to pick the contacts you wish to add. Carry it out.
- Now, go back to the menu and select “Contacts to display.”
- Uncheck the “SIM” option from the display menu, and your SIM contacts will no longer appear in the programme.
I hope you find this advice to be helpful. Please use the form below if you have any queries or comments.
Can we hide contacts on the phone?
Open the Hangouts app on your Android phone or tablet. Select New Conversation. Locate the person you wish to conceal. Hold your finger on their name, then tap Hide contact.
Is it possible to have concealed contacts on Android?
To open the contact, first, touch it and then touch it again. Press the Edit button. Scroll down to More information and tap the arrow to expand the section. Check the options Hide in contacts and Hide social activities.
What is the meaning of concealing contacts without numbers?
To conceal the contacts, use the stock contact app on your Android device and go to Settings. Then, simply check the option Only with the phone number in the options menu and save the changes. That’s all; contacts without phone numbers will be removed from the contact list and search results.
Why aren’t my contacts’ names visible on my Android?
Go to More > Settings > Display Contacts. To enable more contacts to be seen from within the app, set your settings to All contacts or use Customized list and switch on all choices.
How can I make contact in Google Contacts invisible?
- Remove or hide a Google contact address.
- Open the Google Maps app on your Android phone or tablet.
- Select Saved. Tap Labeled under “Your lists.”
- Tap More next to your contact. Hide contact in Maps to prevent a contact from appearing on Google Maps. Hide.